Sunday, March 8, 2015

Dermalogica Environmental Control Deodorant

environmental control deodorant 
Last Year I searched and searched for a decent natural/chemical free deodorant. I seriously bought probably 12 different kinds and hated all of them, total waste of money. They either did absolutely nothing to help with sweat/odor or they made my armpits itch like crazy. I tried all sorts of brands like Jason, Toms, The Crystal, etc.... I even found a recipe online and tried to make my own, that stuff really didn't work! I started to believe I would be stuck using Dove Deodorant forever!

Enter Dermalogica Environmental Control Deodorant. I found this through one of my beauty wholesale suppliers. I've always known of Dermalogica for their great skin care but I had no idea they made deodorant! I hesitantly purchased it after my failed search last year.The chemicals in deodorant are scary bad, and its something that I wear EVERYDAY. I absolutely will not go without it. Some days I won't wear makeup or do my hair but no matter what I always wear deodorant.... If you would like to know more about the dangers of chemicals in deodorants visit http://www.naturalnews.com to read their article on "The Top Five Ingredients to Avoid in Deodorant". It is very eye opening! A few years ago I noticed my right arm pit looked puffy and was sticking out a few inches, unlike the other one which was naturally concaved like its suppose to be. I went to the doctor and what do you know I had a tumor, it had to be surgically removed and left me with a nice big 3 inch scar right through the middle of my armpit and goes completely through the muscle. (Aluminum, one of the main ingredients in deodorant is linked to breast cancer so I was pretty scared at first.) The tumor was fairly large, about the size and length of a sweet potato. Thank god it came back as benign but talk about scary! I feel very lucky! It sounds stupid but since my surgery I have always worried that my big scar is like a open door for deodorant chemicals to get into my body. I am so HAPPY I found this deodorant! It has a nice clean pleasant smell that both men and women will like, it goes on easily, it does not stain clothing, it actually works ALL DAY and has not caused me any irritation. This deodorant is an essential oil-based formula which is suitable for even the most sensitive skin. They use a blend of Coriander, Parsley, Clove and Hyssop to neutralize order while other plant derived agents help inhibit odor-causing bacteria. It is completely free of Aluminum and S.D. Alcohol and uses no artificial fragrances or colors, it looks like a clear hard gel. Visit http://www.dermalogica.com/environmental-control-deodorant to purchase! This is a must have for me, and after a month of successful use I have finally tossed my Dove deodorant into the garbage can! Now I know this stuff is not 100% natural, but its WAY better than what I was using.

Ingredients:

Butylene Glycol, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isoteareth-20, Sodium Stearate, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil; Extracts of: Melissa Officinalis Leaf, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Hyssopus Officinalis; Essential Oils of: Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Seed, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander) Fruit; PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Triclosan, Farnesol, Dimethyl Phenylpropanol, Ethoxydiglycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Silica, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Citral, Benzyl Salicylate.


3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you've noticed, this product has been discontinued by Dermalogica. I'm so sad! For similar reasons as you post here, I've been using it for 10+ years and don't know what to use instead. Have you found a suitable alternative?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't and I am sad about this situation. I wish someone would be able to answer this dilemma.

      Delete
  2. I have heard dermalogicas has a new deodorant now... I wonder if you have it a try, how is it compared to the old one?

    ReplyDelete