Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Loma Hair Care

      I have been a hairstylist for seven years now. And I have tried a LOT of hair products, i'm kind of a product junkie. Any why not be when you have access to try pretty much every professional product out there! However when I wanted to switch to a chemical free lifestyle it made me take a look at what I was using differently. Shampoos have Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS), which is bad chemical. The only thing it does is make suds/bubbles. It has no cleansing property, and does nothing good for you or your hair. Companies use it because we as a society believe that when we see/feel suds we are clean. They are now finding that sulfites are linked to many illnesses and causes irritated skin. And it is actually bad for you hair, it strips away all your natural oils leaving your scalp dry and desperately working overtime to make more oil. Do you have a super oily scalp??? This might be why. Some scientists say that absorbing chemicals through your skin is even more dangerous than eating them. So not only am I doing my own hair daily, but my clients at the salon, so I get a lot of exposure. Sulphates are in anything that suds, it is used in laundry detergent, dish soap, body wash, tooth paste, car soap, hand soap, etc... So now I will be on the search for alternatives to those products as well.
       BUT anyway, lets get back to Loma. This product line has been around since 1991 however I just recently discovered it! It was started in Washington State, which is where I live! The founder David Hansen is also a hairstylist and had an interest in organic chemistry. Today he is recognized as a leader in the formulation of sustainable beauty products. He uses certified organic aloe vera gel as the base in all his products, as well as the use of essential oil based fragrances to make them smell AMAZING. To keep prices affordable the entire product is made in the USA, nothing is outsourced. In fact Loma is one of the last independently owned and operated brands in the professional beauty industry who manufactures 100% of their entire product. Everything is made in small batches by hand, they even make and print their own bottles and all their advertising. All Loma products are paraben and gluten free, sulfate free and sodium chloride free. Everything they use is good for your hair and your skin. And I must say my hair has never felt better. Here is a list of all their products:

~ Daily Shampoo & Daily Conditioner
~ Moisturizing Shampoo & Moisturizing Treatment
~ Reparative Creme Shampoo & Reparative Reconstructor
~ Leave in Conditioner
~ Fortifying Repairative Tonic (my most fav product!)
~ Nourishing Oil Treatment
~ Curvature Curvy Creme
~ Firm Hold Gel
~ Maximum Volumizing Solution
~ Molding Creme
~ Smoothing Creme
~ Creme Pomade
~ Fiber Putty
~ Forming Paste
~ Firm Hold Hair Spray

So as you can see they have something for everyone. I am currently using the Moisturizing Shampoo and the Moisturizing Treatment conditioner, as well as the Fortifying Repairative Tonic (which is like a serum to use in hair wet or dry). I have been using it for about a month and my hair is much softer, my scalp is less irritated and thanks to the reparative tonic my dry blonde ends are softer! I cant even begin to describe how good this stuff smells, their aromatherapies include: tangerine, orange, grapefruit, cranberry, pear, mango, vanilla bean and raspberry ALL from pure essential oils. All I can say is WOW give this stuff a try, you will not be disappointed! It's great for the whole family. And at a very great price! Visit lomaforhair.com

4 comments:

  1. This blog is really very helpful, thanks for sharing this informationHair Loss TreatmentIn Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a hair stylist of 26 years in Portland oregon. I specialize in texturedhair witch Loma products have complimented greatly, my clients love it. I would love to meet with David I think..no I know I can help his product help our hair industry of many textures. Please contact me at 503-281-1903

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot find a list of actual ingredients that go into Loma shampoos. There should be a list on the back of the bottles but I can't see them online. Where is a list?

    ReplyDelete